All of our physicians have had extensive training in the field of gastroenterology and can treat most diseases and disorders of the digestive tract, liver and pancreas.
Metropolitan Gastroenterology Associates have established Specialty Clinics in an effort top provide our patients with convenient, regular access to a variety of area medical specialists. Our patients benefit from highly trained specialists and the latest advancements in screening and therapeutics for the best possible outcomes. Patient care is compassionate, personal and timely. We do everything possible to meet your appointment and scheduling needs, answer your questions, provide patient education, and direct you to other health care resources.
Clinics provide every patient with:
- A complete all-encompassing review of medical records prior to the initial consultation to assure an efficient, cost-effective visit.
- Coordinated clinic care in which any additional tests are scheduled on the day of consultation whenever possible.
- Complete consultation and information sharing with the primary care/referring physician.
- Reports to the referring physician, usually within hours of the visit.
- Comprehensive educational materials.
- An opportunity to meet with a dietitian to discuss concerns or special needs.
We have specialty clinics in the following areas.
- Conditions treated: viral hepatitis B and C, chronic active hepatitis, alcoholic liver disease, primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, benign and malignant liver tumors, cholangiocarcinoma and gallbladder disease.
- Location: Metairie office
- Physicians: Dr. Marino and Dr. Catinis
- Appointments: 504-456-8020
2. GI Oncology
- Detection and treatment of: cancers of the esophagus, stomach, intestines, colon and rectum.
- Location: Westbank office
- Physician: Dr. Reiss
- Appointments: 504-349-6423
3. Women's Clinic
- Female physician and all-female staff. Click here to learn more.
- Comprehensive collaborative care by and for women: celiac disease, colorectal cancer, constipation, diarrhea, fecal incontinence, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), hepatitis and other liver diseases, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), swallowing disorders and gastrointestinal disorders in pregnancy.
- Location: Uptown office
- Physician: Dr. Lemann
- Appointments: 504-896-8670
4. Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Quality medical care to diagnose and treat gastrointestinal (GI), liver and nutritional conditions in children. Click here to learn more.
- Location: Uptown, Westbank and Metairie Offices
- Physician: Dr. Fortgang
- Appointments: 504-267-1135, 504-265-9582, 504-323-0407
- Conditions treated: Anorectal function testing, evaluation of constipation and fecal incontinence, hemorrhoids
- Location: all offices
- Physicians: Dr. Wegmann, Dr. Awtrey and Dr. Reddy
- Appointments: 504-456-8020, 504-896-8670, 504-349-6401
- Conditions treated: gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Latest modalities for diagnosis and treatment: Bravo, Barrett’s ablation, Stretta
- Location: Westbank
- Physicians: Dr. Pollack
- Appointments: 504-349-6401
- Conditions treated: Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Location: Metairie
- Physicians: Dr. Brenner
- Appointments: 504-456-8020